Title as a join column wont work

May 21, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Edited May 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Whenever I try to use "Title" as the join column it show the error below when trying to create a new item:

Error
An unexpected error has occurred.

Not very enlightening IMO...
It also happens if I try to use "title" as the value/text field in a child. It doesnt matter if I change the name of the title column to something else. It will only work if I duplicate the content of the title column to another column and then use that column to join and/or show.

 

Example:

List 1: project
Title (renamed as Project)

List 2: Milestone
Title (renamed as Milestone)
Project (normal lookup field on list 1)

List 3: Tasks
Title

Project (parent)
Milestone (child)

When creating a new task it was supposed to show only the milestones that belong to the specified project, but it will only work if I create another field named "project" in list 1 and then use it for the join, value and text fields. I also need to create another field for Milestone in order to show it.

May 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Hello,

If you rename "Title" column it won't work. It has to be "Title" only.

Jun 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Edited Jun 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM
I see...well, my native is not English, so I guess that is not an option. I did a workaround by creating a hidden calculated value that uses only the "title" in the formula, even though its not named title anymore, then it works as expected. Thanks for the reply though ^^