This solution won't work on a french sharepoint server

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Hi everyone,

I've installed your drop down list control on our sharepoint server.  Every time I've try to use this control I had a sharepoint error.  My investigation lead me to this conclusion:  Your solution working only on an english sharepoint site.  Would be great if it would be universal.  If you know if a "french version" exist please let me know.

Great work

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Have you tried wsp from this post ?

http://cascddlistwithfilter.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=85443

This is the direct link:

http://cascddlistwithfilter.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=106378

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.  Sorry for posting the same subject but I just didn't find the code.

Jul 5, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2010 at 3:37 PM

U got it to work on the french server?
I Hope the patch fixed it for you...
My problem is that the coordinator on this project has not approved my patch.
So I can't make the fix publicly clear , too bad it would help some ppl I think.

sarithsircar can you make it more visible somewhere that multilang is in now?


Thanks for referring him Eklips!

Edit : i think i see the problem (sarithsircar : Last visit: November 19, 2009) :)

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Hi

The installer contains Stoneshare.CascadingDropDown.WithFilter.wsp.

So I don't think this sharepoint solution package should be installed as a hotfix separatly.

But it still doens't work.  I get that default error. I'm using WSS 3.0 in Dutch.

 

Best regards

Tom

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Hi Tom did you download the patched wsp? It shut really work on a dutch version (as that is the one I developed it on , J ).

Jul 9, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Ok so it's not the same file that is already included in the installer.

I've replaced the file manually ... and installation didn't work: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any ideas Ben?

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Hi Tom i did not use any installer of any kind...

i just uploaded the wsp file with stsadm. I have read that more ppl have a problem with the installement of this solution (has noting to do with the lang fix) but i think sarithsicar has fixed that.
Mayby he does something int the install file but i would have to get a hold of him to verify that :s.

So try to uninstall the whole solution and install the "patch" (whitch is not a patch but the full version but patched to work with all langs) using stsadm.

Best regards

Ben

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Ok Ben

Your solution works fine. Thanks!

I thought the wsp-file in the setup-folder had been replaced by yours (which would make life easier :o) ), but this is not the case.

Thanks again!

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Hi Tom,

Glad it worked… I’m trying to get the lead programmer on the project to do just that but can’t seem to get him J 

Kind regards,

Graf Ben

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

My apologies for my extended absence. I've been completely out-of-sync with this project working on other things, and it will take me some time to come up to speed with all the discussions happening on this project.

I realize this is outdated code and would need to be made compatible with the latest version of SharePoint. If anyone has tested code that is available, please connect with me and I can have the code uploaded as part of this project.



Thanks,
Sarith