SharePoint 2010

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Hi,

Has anyone attempted to install this on SharePoint 2010 Foundation/Server? I've made an attempt and got as far as being able to see the selection for CDDL when I create a new column but when I select the radial button to indicate that field type it spits out this error:

Error
Could not load the assembly 'Stoneshare.CascadingDropDown.WithFilter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=14d22e157966c24d'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

Has anyone investigated this further or been able to get this working with SharePoint 2010 with a workaround? Or am I missing a configuration step somewhere. I have reset the server after deployment and that made the field type show up as an option but that's as far as I've made it. It may be worth noting that it failed a PowerShell SPSolution GAC Deployment saying it wasn't scoped for web application install so I deployed it with Visual Studio 2010 and it deployed successfully. I'll post back if I get it working.

Environment:
Windows Server 2008 R2
SQL Server 2008 R2
SharePoint 2010 Server

Cheers,
Lael

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:14 AM

SharePoint 2010 should have a built in Cascading DropDown why use this?

Ofer Gal

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Cascading Lookups are NOT available in SharePoint 2010.  You still need to use a third party tool to get this functionality.

Are there any plans to fix this codeplex app so it will work in SharePoint 2010?

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Hi:

Any one can install these functionality in SharePoint Foundation 2010, it is a great solutions.

Regards.

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Hi:

Finally find hoy deploy this in SharePoint 2010

These are the steps, hope help somebody else.

Manual Installation Steps for SharePoint 2010.

Step 1: Add Solution to SharePoint Farm

1. Log in to a SharePoint server in your farm as a SharePoint farm administrator.
  2. Run the following command from a Windows command prompt:
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN\stsadm.exe" -o addsolution -filename "<full_path_to_your_sharepoint_installer_files>\Stoneshare.CascadingDropDown.WithFilter.wsp"

Step 2: Deploy Solution to Web Application(s)

1. Open SharePoint 2010 Central Administration from the Start menu under Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.
  2. Click on the System Settings menu item in SharePoint 2010 Central Administration.
  3. Click on the Manage Farm Solutions link.
  4. Click on Stoneshare.CascadingDropDown.WithFilter.wsp.
  5. Click on the Deploy Solution link.
  6. Select the Now option under Choose when to deploy the solution:.
  7. Select which web application you would like to deploy the solution under Choose a web application to deploy this solution:.
  8. Click OK.

That's all.

These are the original post.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SPCON/Manual+SharePoint+Feature+Installation

Regards

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:36 PM

If you consider a paid app, you can convert this to an out of the box lookup column, and from that into a Cascading Lookup Plus column:

http://www.kwizcom.com/sharepoint-add-ons/sharepoint-cascading-lookup-plus/overview/

That would give you reverse lookup, filtered lookup (based on views) and master/detail cascaded lookup, plus keeping all your existing data.

Developer
Apr 10, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Jerry, HOW did u manage to deploy a MOSS/WSS solution to SP2010??

Like Lael, I have rebuilt and upgraded the VS solution fro 2010 deployment but am receiving several variations of Event ID 1310. In all cases the exception itself is a HttpParseException, with "Could not load type 'CascadingDropDownListFieldEditControlWithFilter' from assembly 'Stoneshare.CascadingDropDown.WithFilter'.

Any help appreciated! :)

Developer
Apr 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Unbelievable but true. I just deployed the 2007 wsp and it works! :\

Don't ask me how!

Developer
Apr 11, 2012 at 3:57 AM

I've also successfully rebuilt for 2010. Reply with email if you'd like me to send you the revised source.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I would love to be able to use the rebuilt code you have for SP2010.
Developer
Apr 16, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Reply to my work address and let me know if u want the wsp or full VS project.

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

My apologies for my extended absence. I've been completely out-of-sync with this project working on other things, and it will take me some time to come up to speed with all the discussions happening on this project.

I realize this is outdated code and would need to be made compatible with the latest version of SharePoint. If anyone has tested code that is available, please connect with me and I can have the code uploaded as part of this project.

Any takers? panoone? :)

Thanks,
Sarith
Developer
Apr 17, 2013 at 5:37 AM
LOL. Hit me up Sarith. More than happy to share.

To be honest, there weren't many changes required to get it running for 2010.
Developer
Apr 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM
ITWebGal wrote:
I would love to be able to use the rebuilt code you have for SP2010.
If you can enable contcact on your Codeplex account, or give me an email address, I'm happy to oblige.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 7:08 AM
panoone: Added you as a developer to the project. You can add a new version of the source.
Developer
Apr 19, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I've replied to your contact email. Would be best if I just send you the modified source and u can do a diff on it.
May 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Hi panoon, I would love to be able to use this in SharePoint 2010, are you able to share the rebuit code? Thanks!
Jun 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Does anyone please have this updated code that works with sharepoint 2010?
Jan 29, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Panoone, is it possible for you to send me the rebuild solution for 2010. I was able to successfully deploy the 2007 version in 2010 (probably by luck) but now am encountering issues. Thanks.
Sep 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM
panoone wrote:
I've also successfully rebuilt for 2010. Reply with email if you'd like me to send you the revised source.
Hi Panoone,

I've love a copy of the 2010 version as I'm currently trying to migrate from 2007 to 2013 and am failing at the first hurdle - the 2010 sheepdip.

Please could you let me know how I could acquire a copy?

Thanks
David
Developer
Sep 13, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Sounds like you'd need a 2013 version to make it all the way. ;)

I actually decided to remove all customisations and see what OOTB had to offer. Makes upgrades a damn sight easier.

I can still send you a copy if you like though. I should probably upload it to my blog at some stage.

Regards,

Paul

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Hi Paul,

I'd still love a copy.

It appears to work in 2010 in that provided the URL is the same, it works, but it still fails in the 2013 environment.

I've no option at this point of using any OOTB options as this is used in our asset register and it'll be migrated with a whole set of other subsites.

One of the things I have discovered is that you need to copy over the XML and the ControlTemplate files to the appropriate areas in both the 14 and 15 hive, as no amount of deploying the solution appeared to do that.

Thanks
David
Developer
Sep 20, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Yes, it would need to be rebuilt as a 2013 solution to deploy to the correct hive locations. Microsoft really screwed that one up. No surprise there. ;)

So do you want the source code then? I'll zip it up at work and send it through. Can you provide an email address via codeplex private message?

Sep 22, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Thanks Paul,

I will once I've worked out how to access codeplex private message - never used it as yet.

Thanks

David
Developer
Sep 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Your profile says "User prefers not to be contacted."

Click your profile, then edit Privacy Settings and check "Allow others to contact you directly without disclosing your email address".

Alternately, click my name and send me a message.
May 1, 2015 at 9:53 AM
Edited May 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM
Hi

We are also in the process of migrating from SharePoint 2010 (Foundation) to SharePoint 2013 (Foundation) and would really appreciate it if you could provide a SharePoint 2013 version.

Many thanks -

Andy
May 1, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Hi Andy,

I’m afraid it never got converted over. The project was shelved in favour of another application, so the upgraded column was no longer required.

Sorry

David

May 6, 2015 at 1:13 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for replying. Do you have the source code so I can try to convert it myself?

Many thanks -

Andy