Issue with Migrated Content Database

May 17, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Hi,

Im trying to migrate a content db with cascading drop down field. Looks good at first, but when the cascading reference table gets messed up of course. How can I fix it? Can't fixed it using SharePoint UI, is there a way for me to change column settings somewhere else? Thanks

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I see many others are having this issue so I thought I'd share what I did as a workaround to fix this. You need to use this custom solution instead: http://spcd.codeplex.com/ This javascript method of doing the filtered drop-down will let you copy the data from your current read-only columns and paste them into these new lookup columns. It also uses relative URL links when you specify the location of the script in the web part you add so it's "migration proof". You also don't need to install any solutions using this other method because it just references a script that you upload to a document library somewhere on your site.

Hopefully this helps someone else having this problem! This project (SharePoint Cascading Drop Down list (with Filter)) seems to be abandoned.