CQWP Filter

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Hello

When I use this field type I have a problem with filtering on the column in a CQWP.

I have 3 cascaded fields Topic1, Topic2, Topic3 - if I tell the CQWP to groupby Topic2 it works fine, but if at tell it to filter on Topic2 nothing is returned.

I have tried with Contains, begins with, excately, greather than, less than etc - everytime nothing is returned

Any suggestions ???

/Claus

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Same here, filtering on cascaded drop down filed returns nothing.

On the other hand, data form web part works very well. You can create it with SharePoint Designer. It's much more flexible than content query web part.

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I'm having two issues but I think they're related.

I can't edit a field that uses the cascading dropdown field type in datasheet view which I can get over.  But I can't filter by the field type in a data view webpart either.  It's as if the field type doesn't exist. I've tried the user interface and hand coding, neither work.

I'd like to sum the values in one field and filter by the cascading dropdown field.

I really like the solution but not being able to filter by a field of that type is a show stopper unless there is a workaround.

Please help

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:04 AM

I was going to follow the suggestion and use a Data Form Web Part, but the same problem still exists.  The cascading drop down columns don't appear as options to choose from in the filter criteria.  Is there a better cascading drop down solution out there that will allow this functionality?