An unexpected error has occurred

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM

  I keep getting this error when adding ne after i have set up the columns

 

  An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

 

2 lists

1 Developers - 1 - Column "title"     (this is a list of developers)

2 Sites 2 colums - Title (site names) - developname )

 

all are text columns

 

developers is the parernt

Sites the child just wont work, having so much trouble with this

    

 

 

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Hi spurr82,

In the 'Sites' list, try changing the 'Developername' column type to Lookup.

In your third list - 

Column 1: Set the source as the developers list. Use blank as the parent field and specify the child field as Column 2.

Column 2: Set the source as the sites list. Use Column 1 as the parent field and the child field leave as blank.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Sarith

 

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I was getting this error after creating a list that implemented two cascading drop-down columns.  After hours of investigation and configuration checking, I narrowed the problem down to another list that was the source of the values for the first cascading dropdown.  I finally discovered that the column being retrieved had apparently been renamed from "Title" when the list was created.  I changed the display name of the column back to "Title" by editing the list column in the UI and the cascading dropdowns worked.

tom